|I am proud to announce that Ibanez guitars is releasing the PGM401 for production. I worked closely with the Ibanez L.A. Custom Shop to make every specification of this guitar exactly how I like it. Here are some of the details of the PGM401:
* Late 80's style Ibanez neck joint. Thick enough for great tone. Angled shape for great access to the upper frets.
* DiMarzio Air Classic pickups. These has been my favorite humbuckers since I tried them 5 years ago. They have the best tone I've ever heard from any humbucker. The EQ cuts through in all the right areas. Great for rock, blues, metal, and shred.
* Bridge pickup is positioned approximately 1mm closer to the neck for warmer tone. You might think I'm crazy, but it makes a difference! Especially when playing high notes, the tone is warmer and thicker on this guitar, with just the right amount of bite.
* Painted F-holes are approximately 3% smaller. Because this guitar has pickup mounting rings, the f-holes needed to be slightly smaller to retain a balanced look. I overlooked no details on this guitar!
* PGM Prestige neck. This neck is beefy enough to deliver the sustain and resonance I want, but still has the playability that Ibanez is famous for. It will allow you to shred, with TONE.
* 5-way pickup selector for a variety of sounds.
* 1 volume control so it's easy to control live.
* Ash body with sunburst finish.
Check out the IBANEZ website for more details.
Please enjoy this awesome musical instrument.